Ok, so it is currently 7:36 in the A.M. and I am wide awake, despite the fact that I have absolutely nothing pressing to do this early in the morning. Why you ask?!...I just woke up from a horrible nightmare and CAN NOT go back to sleep! I have been having the craziest dreams the past couple of nights. So I decided to do a little research on dreams this morning. Because I mean really, you have to admit, dreams are WEIRD! So here are some cool facts to start off your day:
- 70% of females and 65% of males report reoccurring dreams.
- 12% of people only dream in black in white.
- The most common emotion experienced in dreams is anxiety.
- Back in the Roman Era, striking and significant dreams were submitted to the Senate for analysis and interpretation.
- If you are snoring, then you cannot be dreaming.
- You are more likely to remember your dreams if you are awaken in the middle of REM sleep.
- The song "Yesterday" by the Beatles, came to Paul McCartney in a dream.
- The Bible mentions dreams 121 times. The most famous is Jacob's ladder.
- Writer Robert Louis Stevenson got the idea for "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" from a dream he had had.
- Writer Mark Twain dreamed about his younger brother Henry's death. Less than two weeks later, his brother was critically injured in a a boat explosion.
So do any of you have a partially weird dream story?! Not too many people that I talk to remember their dreams, and I usually don't either. But I have always thought that dreams were really interesting!
I think I need to pick me up one of these babies:
Anyone partically skilled in the area of dream catcher making? If so, feel free to send me one :). haha
Anyways, enough of the weird stuff. Onto my food update. I have not been feeling too well. (Probably from being back in the schools with the kiddos) So my craving have been CRRRRAZZYY! Yesterday for lunch all I wanted was fruit, any kind and lots of it. haha. I went to the grocery store and stocked up on apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, blueberries, and pears. wow. I think I'm good for a while. Then for dinner all I wanted was veggies. I made up this HUGE-O salad:
- Spinach and Romaine Lettuce
- Grape Tomatoes
- Green Pepper
It def. hit the spot with the veggie cravings, I also had some toast with laughing cow cheeezzzee on the side. After dinner Britt and I went to hang out with some people at a local bar. Nothing too crazy, I think I was home by 1230. hehe. Here is the infamous "us getting ready in the cramped bathroom" picture.
haha notice how we have to store things in the sink because there is a very uneven ratio of makeup to counter space! Also, notice how totally into the feather thing I have been lately. It is becoming a serious theme for me. I dont know if that is good or bad. Its stylish, right?!
Ok, this post is so totally random and you can tell I have gotten up WAY to early. I'm gonna eat this bowl of oats that I just fixed up:
This mornings mixin's included a WIDE variety of just about anything I could think of to throw in:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 banana
- Handfull of Blueberries
- Strawberry Preserves
- A few Raisins
- tbsp. Maple Syrup (soo good in oats!)
After I eat Im headed over to get finger printed, because for some reason they want to make sure I'm not some sort of criminal trying to substitute teacher little kids! Then I'm thinking about being spontaneous and heading over to Asheville today for some window shopping downtown. I have the whole day off, why not?!
Also, the fabulous Michelle from Lucky Taste Buds is having a Barney Butter Giveaway...so head on over there and ch-ch-ch-check it out!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far and also having pleasant dreams ;) Lots of Love <3 Ems.