Sunday, February 15, 2009

V-Day Recovery

hey hey pretty ladies! Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday and recovering well from the valentines weekend. Last night I spent V-day with my friend Tina. She was my date to the movies. We saw The Uninvited, which was surprisingly really good. I didn't think it would be scary at all, but it was and it had a really good twist at the end ;) After the movie we hung out at my house and drank some wine and talked about guys. haha. Pretty good valentines, I guess. Here is a pic of Tina and I driving to the movies.

v-day 003

This morning I was definitely feeling the wine that we drank last night and unfortunately I had to get up and work open to close today!! I packed up my lunch to go. It was a repeat of yesterday's "apple, peanut butter, and jelly sandwich." Because it was just THAT good. I mean look at this:

001

Honey Wheat Bread, Mighty Maple Peanut Butter, Blackberry Preserves, and half an apple thinly sliced. And allll toasted up!

002

Archer Farms Blueberry Pomegranate yogurt topped with blueberries.

003

All packed up and ready to go to work :)

After work I came home and made up some din-din.

004

Brown rice with Chinese veggies stir fried with soy sauce and served up with a side of steamed broccoli.

005

Salad with cucumbers, onions, tomato, celery, and green peppers with a light vinaigrette dressing.

Now I'm going to take a nice bubble bath and get ready for some sleep. I need it!

Goodnight dears! <3 Ems.

P.S. Am I the only one that was not aware that it was a holiday tomorrow?! What the heck is presidents day anyways?! haha. Does everyone have the day off?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see that movie so badly! Although Elizabeth Banks as crazy wifey kind of freaks me out, but that's probably the point.

That sandwich is killer. What if we made it with cinnamon raisin bread? AH. I'm clearly starving! Time for dinner, haha.

So, the songs you posted yesterday I LOVE, but in sort of a bittersweet way because they remind me of a totally different time and place, if you know what I mean. Anyway, that means Death Cab, the Postal Service (where is album #2, btw?), Stars, and especially Clap Your Hands. And When I'm 64 always makes me smile! I think it was on a heartburn commercial once...

Unknown said...

Oh, yes I agree with lilveggiepatch about making that sammie with cinnamon raisin bread!!! YUM!

I love that dinner, too! Hope you have a relaxing Sunday night :)

Mica said...

We don't have off tomorrow, so I forgot it was President's Day. Boo.

I'm glad to know that "The Uninvited" isn't terrible. I might have to rent it.

Just let me know though: are there any weird neck injuries? (Like being cut or stabbed in the neck) I can't handle that stuff.

Marian's eats said...

Lovin your little sammy!!! Glad you had a great V-day!

Jenny said...

oh, that sammie looks extra delish today!

Enjoy the bubble bath, girlfriend :) You deserve it! love you lots <3 xoxo

~J

Erica said...

Looks like you had a fun night! I have been wanting to see that movie. PB&J with apples? I'm in! Looks so good. Enjoy your bubble bath

A Bikini Diary said...

I totally forgot that tomorrow is Presidents day!!!

Yummy sammy!!!

The Purple Carrot said...

That sounds like a fun Valentine girl's night!! : ) Enjoy it! While I wouldn't change where I'm at for anything, sometimes I miss girl's nights like that ... it's hard to find time for girl's night when you're married and both working almost 50 hours a week!

And I hear ya with the whole President's Day thing ... I didn't know it was either (which means, no, I don't have it off :p)

Either way, HAPPY MONDAY, girl : )

Sophia Lee said...

wow, that sammie looks freaking awesome! that gooey PB, the sweet jam, the crunchy tart apples...perfection between two slices of bread!
isn't president's day like GW's birthday or something? that gets me wondering...why only George Washington? why not all the other presidents' b-days too? think of all the days we'll have off in a year!