Well peeps, I have made it through two interviews this week and now I'm waiting for my last one in about a hour. I'm telling you its been so rough and discouraging. I'm not really doing as well on the interviews as I would have hoped, and then when I do think that I do good I don't get the response that I expected. Yesterday's interview was just horrible, so I'm pretty sure I messed that one up. And then the interview that I had today I thought went really really well. Both while I was waiting to be interviewed I was listening to the guy that was being interviewed before me, and they hired him right on the spot. But me? they said they would call me next week. So, I dont know about that. The interview tonight is my second interview so I'm thinking that's a good sign. But its just a serving position at this little hip restaurant downtown. But a jobs a job, I guess and it is a really cool place. I probably won't be finding a teaching position until the beginning of the next school year, since summer is coming up soon. So, I need something to bring in the cash flow while I wait. ;)
Keeping with the warm weather theme, I wanted something cold for brekkie this morning...so I had some cereal!
- 1 Cup All-Bran Flakes
- 1/2 Nanner
For lunch I wanted something for my sweet tooth. Whenever I get a sweet craving for lunch I always fix up a yummy grilled peanut butter and Jayjay.
- Grilled Honey Wheat Toast
- 2 Tbsp. Mighty Maple Peanut Butter
- Other half of the 'Nanner from brekkie
- Blackberry Preserves
I wanted to try Chobani flavor #2. I have heard rave reviews of the blueberry flavor, so I decided this was the one for me today.
I added some chopped up strawberries, just cause.
Ok guys, I know that you all LOVE the Chobani, but I must say that while I do like it a lot, I think that I like the Oikos better. Its just thicker and creamier. But then again, I haven't tried the plain Chobani, so it might be a little thicker since it doesnt have the liquid fruit flavoring at the bottom. I think that if you were trying to ease someone into greek yogurt that Chobani would def. do the trick. But for someone who has been eating greek yogurt for a while, I have kind of built up a taste for the thicker kinds.
Now I have to freshen up and head out for my THIRD interview in the past 36 hours. This whole "job hunt" thing is really starting to wear on me. I feel like I have definitely at this really hard cross road in my life right now, and I still haven't decided which way I want to go. I have a lot of options that I have been considering and have made steps towards all of them, just to see what pans out. I need everyone's prays and support right now, its a pretty hard/confusing time! Right now my options include:
- Grad School for my Masters in Education
- Steps towards this: I have signed up to take the GRE (which is like the ACT for grad school) and I take it next Tuesday. I have also applied for scholarships and financial aid.
- Pros: It will help me build up my credentials for a better chance at scoring a teaching job when I graduate with my masters. Also, the economy will hopefully be better when I get out of school
- Cons: I'm not sure if I want to continue with education, or do something else. I'm not sure if I would be able to pay for it.
- Steps toward this: I have met with the nutrition director of my old college and reapplied for admission to ETSU for a 2nd degree.
- Pros: Nutrition is something that I am way interested in and would love to pursue it. Also, I think that with 2 degrees I will have more of a range when looking for a job.
- Cons: I'm sort of ready for a change of scenery and don't really want to go back to the same school I just graduated from.
- Steps towards this: Put in multiple applications and gone to interviews. Also, I am attending a job fair in April in Nashville for teachers.
- Pros: Well, obv. its what I set out to in the first place and it would be nice to be settled with a career (and steady paycheck).
- Cons: It's so hard to find and job with the economy how it is and nothing is guaranteed. Also, I'm not 100% sure that I am ready to settle into a career just yet.
So there you have it. This are the issues that have really been weighing on me lately. I know that everything will work out the way that they are supposed to, but it is just so hard and confusing! Any advise?!
Woah! I wrote way too much...I gotta RUN! I'll let you guys know how this interview goes when i get back!
Lots of Love <3 Ems.
Edited to add: I just got home from my last interview and I got the job! I start on Friday. Its just that job as a server at that little resturuant, but it will have to do for now. I need some cash flowage, so hopefully this will help while i decide what the HELL I wanna do with my life! Thanks for all the postive comments guys, you always put a bright spot in my bad days, it is much appreciated. PLUS, it totally made me day to hear that Katie thought I looked like Elisha Cuthbert :)