Friday, April 24, 2009

Crazy Night/Day

So sorry that have missed my regular blogging! I have been in such a panic because I totally pulled a "clumsy Emily" move and dropped my cell phone in the toilet last night. Now, I do know a trick to fixing phones that have gotten wet, that has worked for me every single time. All you do is take a bag of instant rice and put your phone and the battery in there over night. The rice will soak up all of the moisture and it will be fine by the morning. This has worked for me every other time, except for today. Last night, I put it in rice...this morning I woke up and it was worse than ever! Now, I dont know about you guys, but I feel totally lost without my phone. I mean, I dont even have a landline, so when I don't have my cell phone I have NO form of communication. So long story short I have been in a mad dash around the town trying to get a new phone for the least possible amount of money. It took a couple of different places and a flash of the dimples, and now I have a new Blackberry Curve! I like it even better than my old phone, so I guess things turned out for the better after all!

Now I just feel like my whole day is "off", and to add to the craziness, as soon as I got my new phone I got a text from my friend Jenie who had the baby shower, saying that her water broke this morning! What a hectic, crazy day this has been! But, thats what makes life fun and interesting, right?! But I just wanted to fill you guys in on the drama that is my life. haha. I will get caught back up tomorrow, hopefully.

For now, it is a lovely 86 degrees with not one cloud in the sky so I'm gonna enjoy the day outside. Maybe find a pool to jump into.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Its FRIDAY! Anyone have big plans?!

Lots of Love, <3 Ems.

15 comments:

itsawrap said...

I have dropped my cell in the toilet 3 times so don't feel bad!

RunningLaur said...

Busy day! Enjoy the nice weather!

The Purple Carrot said...

Glad you like your new phone better anyways : )

Enjoy the weather (I'm doing the same thing!! ; )

Amy said...

Busy busy! Don't worry, I've dropped my phone down the toliet and accidently flushed it. And it was gone for good!

Yay for your friend! :) That's exciting. Enjoy the day :)

Anonymous said...

Yay baby!

Thanks for the rice tip! Very strange, but I'll probably need it... I'm on my THIRD laptop in four years because I always spill on them!

Hope you're enjoying the day :-)

Emily said...

Sorry about the phone but glad you go a new one so quickly! I have a lot of friends who have the Curve, and they love it!

Have a great weekend!

Bec said...

Oh no, at least you got a new sweet phone though
ps I just discovered that I can steal a wireless signal in my kitchen, hopefully it lasts!

Meg said...

Haha I can't even imagine life without my phone for that long! It's so funny how much we rely on technology these days :P

Glad you're enjoying your new phone though! I guess it turned out to be a good accident after all!

Enjoy your weekend girl!

Love, Meg

Nutritious is Delicious said...

Hope things start looking up! Enjoy that weather!!

Kristi (sweet cheeks) said...

TOTALLY done that, haha. I feel completely lost without my phone, too...its terrible!

Hope you enjoyed the nice warm weather!

Anonymous said...

oh dude, i can't LIVE without my phone.
i would like to break myself away from that bond but it's a tad tough!

Mica said...

Ugh, sorry about your phone! When mine got stolen, I felt totally lost without it, and I don't even like texting or talking on the phone that much!

Anonymous said...

I dropped by phone in the toilet before.. I actually did this January. It totally sucks, and I felt totally LOST!!!

I'm so happy you got a new phone that you love :)

I hope you truly enjoy the weather!

xoxo

Stef (More to Life Than Lettuce) said...

OMG exciting about your friend!! Happy birthday to her baby, lol! I'm sorry about your cell phone, that is so frustrating! I've never heard the rice method..I always bust out the blowdryer on cool setting!

Anonymous said...

Haha, what a day! I hope your friend's delivery goes ok :) how exciting! I'm glad you got a new phone, I'm always doing stuff like that, it's really quite scary seeing how incapacitated I feel without a mobile now!