Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Internet Outage!

I have felt so out of the loop all day because my Internet has been down since LAST NIGHT! It just now came back on. What the heck?! Way to be on top of things, Charter. The cable was out too, so today has been a very quite, boring day around the house. On top of that it was rainy and gray outside all day, so needless to say, it has just been "one of those days".

I really wanted to get an outdoor run in today, but with the rain and cold I just wasn't feelin' it too much. I couldn't go to the gym and run on the treadmill either, because my sister has my card to get into the gym. So I just decided that a nice rest and stretch for my muscles would do me some good, so I did an hour of yoga instead. It was very relaxing and helped me de-stress from the week.

Operation "get-out-of-the-food-rut" led me to a new breakfast. I don't know though, I was really hoping that eating cottage cheese everyday would keep me kicking all the way up past the 100s. :)

breakfast

  • Blueberry Waffles
  • 1/2 Banana
  • Strawberry Preserves
  • Blueberries
  • Maple Syrup

Keeping with the "get-out-of-the-food-rut" theme, I fixed up a mixture of things that did not include a sandwich OR a wrap. I get so indecisive when it comes to my meals that I always end up just putting a little bit of random things together to make a meal. Why can I NEVER make up my mind?! haha.

Here is lunch:

004

HUGE SALAD!

  • Spinach leaves
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Cucumbers
  • Green Pepper
  • Tomatoes
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Celery
  • Light Italian Dressing
005

  • Mushroom Burger
  • Cheddar Quacker Oats Mini Rice Cakes

I may or may not have had a couple of pieces of Easter candy from my basket after that as well. ;)

After that I got ready and went to work. Work went well, we spent the whole night rearranging the store to look pretty with all the new spring clothes we got it. I was doing some hard physical labor in there! Climbing ladders, hammering in shelves, putting together wall displays. I felt pretty bad ass. But, now I am exhausted! Time to catch up on blogs, make some dinner, and call it a night.

Goodnight! Lots of Love, <3 Ems.

16 comments:

Kristi (sweet cheeks) said...

I planned on a run today too, but it didn't work out either. Glad your yoga was good though!

Hope you have a much better day tomorrow!!! good night!

Megan said...

You're welcome! I had a mushroom burger for dinner tonight too! I loveee mushrooms! And peppermint patties are definitely the best! I'm glad i had to give them all away or else I would be sitting here eating them nonstop.. and no i haven't! are they good?

Have a good night!

-Megan

Mica said...

This weather is totally lame! I hope tomorrow's bright and sunny!

Stef (More to Life Than Lettuce) said...

STUPID INTERNET! I think it's an epidemic...tons of bloggies including myself have been having issues with it! I'm glad that you took a break from the gym and did some yoga instead, I'm sure your body thanked you! What a great way to break out of your food rut, with some DELICIOUS eats! YUM everything looks/sounds amazing.


And random but my word verification word (redundant much?) is: lions

I just thought it was funny =)

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with meals...I have no idea what I want so I just mish-mash everything together =)

Emily said...

Sorry about the internet outage...so annoying! Makes you realize how much we depend on technology, huh?! :-)

The rain makes me blah and not wanting to work out either. I can't wait until we have sunshine again but we're supposed to have 5 straight days of rain. Sadness!

Have a great day, lovely!

Jenny said...

oh Em i go CRAZY when the internet was down.. glad you survived ;)

p.s. sounds like operation get out of the food rut was a sucess! everything looks awesome <3
p.p.s your comment on my post today made me smile.. a lot :)
p.p.p.s. I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

girl that breakfast is awesome!!
sorry about not being able to run, but rest days are always nice!

Baylee♥ said...

Hey girl!

my charter was screwed up last night too! :(

im glad that you took a break from the gym - although exercise is SO important, giving your body time to rest and relax is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!!

CUTE SALAD :)

Anonymous said...

YAY for yoga! Love your foods! Glad work went well :) Sorry about the internet issue!
<3 jess :)
xxx

Anonymous said...

Okay running lady, I need some running advice--my husband signed me up for a 5K in October. I know, quite a bit of a ways off, but the longest distance I have ever run wihtout stopping is probably about a mile.
I am glad that you took a day off from running--the yoga sounds relaxing. And yay for breaking out of your food rut!!! I am in one as well. You help to motivate me to change it up!
Take care!

Amy said...

yummy waffles!

And I feel ya on the weather. Why is it so nasty out everywhere?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had "one of those days". Those are seriously the worst! You did however make up for eat with some loverly eats. Nice job switching up breakfast.. the waffles looks DELISH!

lots of love,
dulcie<3

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better... sorry about the bum day!

Internet outage is THE most frustrating and time consuming thing ever. I don't know about you, but whenever mine is out (which is a lot, because the people we share WiFi with never notice when they unplug the cord... GRR) I constantly refresh my browser thinking it'll miraculously come on.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, my favourite veggie burger is a mushroom burger! I do like your purple broccoli too, it's very interesting. I'm glad your internet is working again, ours likes to disappear at the most inopportune moments too!

Erica said...

How annoying about the cable/internet! Glad its back up and rockin! I get in food ruts soooo often...I just love certain foods and want to eat them all the time. Maybe I will do something different for lunch today too?? Good luck at the job fair this weekend