Saturday, April 4, 2009

Grocery Goodies, Reviews, and Runs

Ok, so I'm pretty sure that today actually is Saturday as opposed to yesterday, when I tried to declare it Saturday morning, when in fact, it was Friday. So, I hope everyone is having a great Saturday! So far, mine is going great. Its sunny and warm outside and I just got done with a great run and a great lunch for fuel!

Lets back track to yesterday though. Before work I went to the grocery store for some essentials. We were practically out of everything, so I picked up some basics.

001

Fruits:

  • Bananas
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Grapes
  • Mangos
  • Fuji Apples
003

Veggies:

  • Roma Tomatoes
  • Purple Cauliflower! I couldnt resist :)
  • Cucumber
  • Salad Mix
004

I found a new flavor of flat out wraps that I have not tried yet. Sundried Tomato. I had it for lunch, so I will give my review.

005

Miscellaneous Items:

  • Oikos Greek Yogurt in Vanilla and Blueberry
  • Annie's Mac and Cheese (on sale for a buck!)

After the grocery store, I was ready for some lunch. So, like I said I had to try out the new flat out wraps. Usually when I make wraps I put lots of "condiments" such as spicy mustard and salsa and then heat it up, so its kinda gooey and spicy. Today I was feelin' more of a fresh, clean, cold wrap. Heres what I came up with:

006

  • Sundried Tomato Flat Out Wrap
  • Regular Hummus
  • Turkey Slices
  • Chopped Tomato
  • Sliced Cucumber

On top of this I added tons of spinach and rolled it up to create this:

008

Totally hit the spot :)

Review of Sundried Tomato Flavor Flatout:

This was the first time that I have tried this flavor, and I was pretty let down. Don't get me wrong, it wasnt BAD...but I thought that it was gonna be AMAZING! Maybe I built it up too much, but I was not impressed. The Italian Herb flavor is 10 times better, so I think I will stick to that. I will not buy this flavor again. It was my least favorite of the three flavors I have tried.

After lunch I got ready and went to job #1 (Rave) until around 930, when my cute little baseball player came and picked me up and took me to the movies. We saw I Love You, Man. And it was hilarious. I have been in love with Paul Rudd ever since he was Josh in Clueless. haha. The date went really well...and I even think that I am going out with him for date #3 tonight! He is leaving to go back to school tomorrow, so we are kinda "speed" dating.

This morning I woke up to a beautiful sunny day, just as my favorite weather man had promised. I ate breakfast (cottage cheese and toast) you know, you know. Then headed over to my favorite trail for a run. I was ready for a long run, because I had taken the past two days off after my 7.5 mile run two days ago. I DID 9 MILES!! This is a new record as far as distance for me, and I was happy with it. I finished in a little over 90 minutes. Heck yes, my endurance is building...I never thought it would happen!

I have said this before and I will say it again, in my totally not back up by any scientific evidence opinion , Peanut butter and banana are the PERFECT combo for energy and fuel after a long run. Or at least thats what works best for me. So of course I had to have this little number for lunch after my long run.

010

Grilled "Gourmet" PB&J:

  • Whole Wheat Bread
  • Naturally Nutty Peanut Butter (2 tbsp.)
  • 1/2 Banana
  • Cinnamon and Raisins mixed into the peanut butter
  • Strawberry Preserves
011

Blueberry Flavored Oikos Greek Yogurt

This is the first time that I have tried the Blueberry flavor and WOW! This stuff is freakin' amazing. It had little blueberries in it and everything. I think so far it is my favorite!

Now I have to book it to get ready for work, so I'll catch you gals later!

Lots of Love, <3 Ems.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for your date! I want to hear more about the baseball player!!! You have to see "The Chateau" with Paul Rudd... it's kind of strange but he is so hilarious. Also "The Shape of Things" if you haven't already, but it seriously messed me up in high school when I was young and naive. Ha.

Jenny said...

haha I knew you were going nut-so when you said yesterday was Saturday- don't worry..happens to the best of us =)

I'm so glad your date went well, love! although I am a little jealous because i want you all to myself - i'm willing to share if it will make you happy! keep me updated on the boy sitch dollie!

have a great day, love you! xo

Bec said...

your grocery haul looks good, enjoy your saturday!

Kristi (sweet cheeks) said...

Great job on your run! 9 miles is amazing in my book. I hope my endurance starts to build soon...I feel like i've been stuck on the 2 miles forever!

I totally agree with you on the peanut butter and banana for fuel and energy...plus, they are a match made in heaven. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your running just gets better and better!! 9 miles is a great achievement. I was so happy the first time I ran that far, your blog is a good motivator for me to keep going with recovery so I can run again one day too.
I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, and that the weather is behaving itself :P

Anonymous said...

great scott! nine miles.
you have been making crazy
improvements my runnergal.

and have so much on your
date tonight. bummer that
he has to go back to school.

i want that sandwich. nom.

p.s. lovin the monster plate. :]

Baylee♥ said...

Glad to hear your having fun with the baseball player :) you need to fill us in on more details!!!! when will you get to see him again?

congrats on your 9 miler girl! im a little jealous of your running lately, as i havent been able to do much because of my injury. gahh!

that wrap looks DELICIOUS!!

Emily said...

Congrats on being such a running superstar; you're amazing! I need to find some longer routes around my city.

Glad that date went well! Hope you have fun tonight and that work goes well!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my legs are hurting just reading about your 9 mile run--but that is AMAZINGGGG!!!!
I am glad that your date went well.
I agree that the Sundried Tomato Flat Outs are just okay..I think I just like the Original or Honey Wheat the best.
Keep up the amazing work!!

RunningLaur said...

Yay for the 9 miles! Before you know it, you'll be at double digits. You're a running monster!

Nutritious is Delicious said...

I can't wait to get my hands on some Oikos! Yum!

Awesome Run girl!

Mica said...

Great haul at the grocery store and AWESOME job on your 9-miler! Look at you go, lady!

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by your blog...lots of yummy fruit and veg buys! And Annie's for a dollar? Amazing. I am dying to try flat out wraps, they look tasty and easy to fold over...my wraps always fall apart.

Denise said...

Just read your profile about wanting to run a marathon some day. I ran my first one last November. It was incredible. You can totally do it!!

Anonymous said...

Great groceries! I just love food shopping :D I’m sorry about the disappointing sun dried tomato flavor flatout. I hate when expectations are high, and then they are not met.

I’m so glad you have a wonderful time on your date with the cute baseball player. I’ve been wanting to see that movie, so thanks for the review!

AH 9 MILES?! You go girl.. that’s so impressive. I’m proud of you. :)

Anna said...

That gourmet PB & J looks ridiculously good.

Congratulations on your running success! It's always great to see how far you can push yourself and feel so good about it after!

I hope you had a lovely Saturday!

Anonymous said...

9 miles thats awesome!!!

I can not find Flat Out wraps anywhere. Sorry the flavor wasn't the greatest :\

ohh but your banana pb sammie sure does look awesome!

Megan said...

love the groceries!! yumyumyum.

i'm so glad your date went well! date #3 already?! loving it! hope it's fab. i expect details!!

Elle said...

When I tried the Flat-Out sun dried tomato wraps, I was disappointed to. Something just tasted off...the flavor was just lacking in intensity...definitely doesn't have the kick of real sun-dried tomatoes.
It's so exciting that your date went well! Kudos for "speed-dating" too, that's awesome. I'm glad to hear that I Love You, Man was good; I'm going to go see it this coming weekend. Personally, I'm more of a Jason Segel fan..I love How I Met Your Mother. Hope you had a great Sunday :)
Elle

Eat, Live, Love, Dream said...

Great buys at the grocery store! I'm so in LOVE with those flat out wraps. Everything just tastes better in wraps! I'm convinced! Except the store only has them some times. Weird! Have a great start to your week:)

Melinda said...

I have been wanting to try that Oikos yogurt- it looks yum!