Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nashville Tomorrow!

Tomorrow I am leaving for Nashville for the weekend to attend an education career fair! My aunt teaches down there and she got hired at this same career fair last year, so I'm really hoping that this could be my big break! I really really really need this, a good job, a new city...it would be GREAT! Everyone please say a pray for me and wish me luck, I need all that I can get!!!

So yesterday was filled with prep work for tomorrow. I printed of a zillion copies of my resume, cleaned out my car, checked my oil, pumped up my tires, and filled up my gas. Everything is a GO!

I am also excited because Lucas goes to school in between where I live and Nashville, so I will be stopping by to see him on my way there tomorrow. He has been really sick since last weekend, so I am glad that I will get to see him for a little bit. Why is it that guys convert into a 2 year old state when they are sick?! haha. I swear they would not know what to do without their moms/girlfriends/wives/sisters/etc. Women just know how to take care of sickly people! haha. I'm going to put together a "get-well kit" for him.

After yoga on Tuesday, my legs and muscles were feeling really good and stretched, so I was ready for a run! Ok, I'll be honest my legs and arms were freakin SORE from yoga!! Everytime I do yoga I get more sore than any other exercise that I do. I guess its all that bending and stretching. So I warmed up a little on the eliptical and then moved to the treadmill. Here was my workout:

  • 35 Minutes on the eliptical
  • 4 mile run on the treadmill at an east pace.

I got in a pretty good workout, so I was happy with that.

Yesterday for lunch I made what is becoming my favorite wrap combo:

003

  • Italian Herb Flat-Out Wrap
  • Swiss Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge
  • Sliced Cucumber
  • Sliced Tomato
  • Spinach
  • Dijon Mustard

After my day of preparation I hoped in the shower and got ready for POOL NIGHT! Yep, the Wednesday night tradition. I am really starting to sharpen up my pool skillzz.

029

Just look at that form! haha.

009

Opponent #1

019

Opponent #2

010Align Center

Opponent #3

039

We got beat, maybe next time.

Fast forward to this morning where I once again sacrificed my chances of living to be 130 by eating cottage cheese everyday in order to mix up my meals. But, it was worth it!

045

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 Banana
  • 1 tbsp. maple syrup
  • Strawberries, chopped
  • A Few Cinnamon Mini Rice Cakes crumbled on top.

Oh yeah! And check out these awesome card that I got in the mail yesterday from Foodbuzz

041

They are little mini cards for my blog, and on the back are pictures of all kinds of foods and drinks. I LOVE THEM!

Alright, I still have a lot to get done today before I leave tomorrow. I am soo excited about my trip. Is it weird that I actually like driving long distances by myself?! Its a five hour drive...so I am off to update my Ipod, vacuum my car, go for a run, then workin it at the mall.

Lots of Love, <3 Ems.

20 comments:

itsawrap said...

Oh, good luck at the career fair!! Don't be overwhelmed by all the applicants. I remember being so anxious about all the competition but I know you will be great! Remember your passion for the students and be sincere :) Let us know how it goes!

Bec said...

good luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

GREAT workout! I wish I had your energy.

Good luck at the career fair! And NASHVILLE... how exciting! I stayed there one night on the way back from Bonnaroo a few years ago, but all I saw was a Ruby Tuesday.

The Purple Carrot said...

GOOD LUCK, girlie, you'll be GREAT!!! : )

Baylee♥ said...

Hey babe!

I know you will do FABULOUS tomorrow!!! im so proud of you for getting out there & trying something new (this includes the cottage cheese thing..although i would love to leave to be that old)

Im jealous of your pool shooting skills :)

Good luck girl! Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the career fair!! I have a friend who lives in Nashville, and she loves it there :) I hope you have a good time as well as a productive trip!

Anonymous said...

dude i loooove long drives alone! such a head clearer, music up windows down babaayy!!

good luck, knock em dead killahh!

Anonymous said...

An updated Ipod is A MUST when driving my myself. I think I like driving long distances by myself than with others (like my husband) because then there is no aruging on who has to do the driving. Also, I just hate having the person in the car next to me sleeping while I am driving.
Thanks for the 5K advice. I am always sore after yoga.
Yes, boys are just pathetic when they are sick. I will never understand this phemonmenon.
Good luck at the career fair; what a wonderful opportunity. I think it will be your big break!
Take care!

Emily said...

I will be praying that you find a job! Good luck! I'm sure they will love you!

I'm glad you get to see the boy..hope he feels better soon!

I really wish I liked to drive long distances more; I get really tired of driving after about 3 hrs.

Have a great weekend!

Jenny said...

good luck at the career fair girlie - though i know you won't need it! you got this mama :) i'll definitely say a prayer for you though, hun <3

love you beautiful!!!
-Jenny

Sarah said...

Good luck in Nashville. You'll be in my thought and prayers!

Mica said...

Good luck, Emily! I hope you rock that fair! Just smile, hand your recipe over, and then show them your bum!

Jaime said...

i love long drives by myself too :)
glad you had a nice workout!! delish eats as usual love!
wish you all the best at the career fair-- just let that beautiful personality SHINE GIRL SHINE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just said a prayer for you! Good luck. I'm pulling for you! I agree with you--women are the best at that kind of stuff. How sweet of you to prepare a get well kit for him! :) Yummy eats!!! I love wraps!
<3 jess :)
xxx

Amy said...

Good luck at the career fair! That is so exciting.

And I get super sore from yoga, too, ohmygoodness.

Eat, Live, Love said...

Oh good luck!! I hope it all goes well! Make sure to have fun:)!!

Kristi (sweet cheeks) said...

I need to work on my pool skills too...I haven't played in sooo long!!

Hope you have a great time in Nashville! I'll be sending good vibes your way! :)

Anonymous said...

Em <3

I will most definitely say a prayer for you.. good luck sweetpea!!!

So true about guys being sick. they act like total babies hahah

Pool night sounds so fun!!

Have an awesome time in Nashville!

xoxo,
dulcie

Stef (More to Life Than Lettuce) said...

Cool cards! I'm so excited for you to go to Nashville! I'm praying that some great opportunities present themselves at the fair! It's sweet of you to visit the sickly man-child...boys are SUCH wimps when it comes to being sick! Cute pics, you do look like a pro!!

RunningLaur said...

Good luck on the trip and the interviews!!

I could go for a good roadtrip right now.... hmm..