Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Good News and Bad News

Oh yes everyone it is officially Hump Day. For those of you lucky enough to have a Monday through Friday job you are half-way there! For me however, I havent even started this week yet! I have had Monday through Wednesday off this week, but starting tomorrow I work everyday until Sunday. That is if I still have a job!! The conflict STILL has not been settled between my two jobs. I have really only talked to Rave about this, but if Stir-fry doesn't wanna work with me on the scheduling, then it will have to come down to a choice between the two. I was literally in tears yesterday trying to work it all out. Its such a hard position to be in because one job (Rave) I'm absolutely in love with and love all the people, but make no money...and the other job (stir-fry) I'm not even sure that I will like, but will make more money. What do I do?!!

I do have some more positive news however. Today I get to go see Lucas! He is playing a baseball game at a college that is only about 30 minutes away, and he gets to pitch this game, so I told him that I would definitely be there. I have never gotten to see him play before, so it should be fun. PLUS I might just get to sneak in a pic or two, Jen! ;)

Yesterday for dinner I decided to try one of the new Healthy Choice meals, after hearing Katie talking about them on her blog.

I tried the Portabella Marsala Pasta, Here is the box:

Here's the Nutrition:

Serving size: 1 Meal (9 oz.)

Calories: 270
Calories from fat: 70

Amount/Serving %DV*
Total Fat (7 g) 11%
Saturated Fat (2.5 g) 13%
Trans Fat (0 g)
Cholesterol (15 mg) 5%
Sodium (550 mg) 23%
Vitamin A 0%
Calcium 10%

Total Carbohydrates (38 g) 13%
Dietary Fiber (5 g) 20%
Sugar (4 g)
Protein (12 g)
Vitamin C (0%)
Iron (6%)

And here is what it looks like all plated up:

001

Review:

It kind of reminded me of a stroganoff, which I love. But I just didn't really care for this one. There was a layer of cheese on top that just sort of got this super weird texture after you cooked it. You know the type that just adheres to your fork and won't let go?! The one thing that I did like about this was that they did not skimp on the mushrooms. At first, I was going to add a little more of my own, but after seeing the meal I decided that it looked like it had plenty! Very rarely do you see a microwave meal that has plenty of any ingredient. I will probably not purchase this one again, but I do want to try some of the others. I give it a 6 out of 10.

The salad I had on the side however, is a solid DIME!

002

I always stick to the "colors rule" and try to incorporate lots of different colors into my salad. Nothing is more boring then a salad full of all greens. And I am just lovin the purple cauliflower as of late.

Backtracking to lunch I had my "pre-workout" fuel. I still swear by it:

005

Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana with Strawberry Preserves, and a few Honey Twist Pretzels on the side.

Note: While the sandwich def. gives me the fuel that I need for a workout, I would not recommend eating pretzels with it before working out. The saltiness of the pretzels made me more dehydrated during the run, and I had to drink about 3 bottles of water in one 30 minute run! haha.

I got to the gym late, which is one thing in life that I try to aviod at all costs. Because it is a college gym the later you go the more people and the less serious they are about actually working out. I had to wait for an ET, wait for a treadmill, wait to fill up my water bottle, etc, etc. But it actually turned out to be a good thing because I got in a pretty killer workout!

  • 35 minutes on the eliptical
  • 10 minutes on the squirrel thing?? - i did this to occupy my time while waiting for a treadmill, but this burned almost 150 extra calories!
  • 3 miles on the treadmill, average pace was about 10 minutes a mile, but I bumped it up to 9 minutes for the last mile.

Speaking of workouts, I have to go get in an early one before coming home to shower and go to the baseball game :) So, Im off!

Hope everyone is having a good "Mid-Week" Lots of Love,

<3 Ems.

15 comments:

Jenny said...

aw my sweet Em, i hate to see you stressing so much about the work sitch! I know it's tough having two obligations and it doesn't help that there are definitely pros and cons to each choice - but try and follow your heart and what makes you happy .. the money will come!

thanks for the review on that meal girlie! I actually saw it in the grocery store the other day and was thinking of trying it .. they did have some other awesome meals though that i definitely may hit up!

have a great day pretty girl, and remember - BREATH. =) love you!

Eat, Live, Love, Dream said...

Em, Have fun today at the game! I can't stand when the gym gets so packed you have to wait to do anything! Even just walk or go pee! hah!

Anna said...

I'm sorry about your job situation. Why isn't life ever easy?!

Have fun watching your boy. It can be so great to watch guys get all manly and into the sport that they're playing. Definitely get some pictures!

Bec said...

mmm grilled PB, hope everything works out with the job situation!

Baylee♥ said...

jeeze it would be nice if everything were black and white. one job = amazing, pays well, and the other = sucks, doesnt pay well. life would be so much easier!! hopefully Rave can figure something out for you, because i would hate for you to get fired from a job that you have barely even experienced yet!!

have fun at Lucas's game girl! you better get some pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Yuck, sorry about that Healthy Choice meal! It does look a little funk-tastic.

Have a great time with Lucas!!! Can't wait to see a picture.

Meg said...

I really hope everything with work suits you soon! I'm sure whatever decision you choose to make will be the right one. Just try not to stress too much, although I often say that and find I need to listen to my own advice like that more often. It's a lot easier said than done, but again, you'll choose the right path that'll benefit you the most :)

I was pretty hesitant to try one of the new Healthy Choice meals...I saw em' at the store last week and I picked up the Butternut Squash Ravioli, I haven't given it a try yet, but I hope it turns out alright! I'm so glad that companies are starting to make more 'natural' products instead of so many crappy over-processed ones. Have fun watching the boy play! That will certainly take the worries away for a while, enjoy yourself!

Much love, Meg

Anonymous said...

I hope you figure out the dilemma with your two jobs.. I just hate when stuff like that happens. I think everything will turn out for the best :)

Pleeeease sneak a pic of Lucas.. I’m dying to see what he looks like! I hope you have fun watching him play!

<3 much love <3

Anonymous said...

i recently had the same healthy choice meal and felt like it was a little greasy and had a weird aftertaste. but i guess it wasn't bad for a frozen meal!

Anonymous said...

Hi Em! OMGosh I feel like having a Monday to Friday work weet stresses me out enough I don't get to catch up on fabulous blogs like yours!!! First of all, new love interest!?!? I love you, man?!?! That is TOO CUTE! I hope the movie made you feel all nice and fuzzy like it made me. :P PICTURES PICTUERS please!! :)

I love that' you're so in tune with your body! YES you're totally right, pretzels DO make me thirstier than EVER and I didn't realize this until you mentioned it! Ahhh the things I learn from you.

OHHH! And make sure you don't over-commit yourself to all those jobs. Remember, YOUR health and happiness comes first. Stress is TERRIBLE for you girlie, so make sure you take care of yourself ok!?!

Have a great work week Em!!

Mica said...

Aww, sorry about the work scheduling stress. That really sucks. I say go with what makes you HAPPIEST. If it's the job you like more, you can always keep looking. It's not like you're quitting and giving up on all employment!

Enjoy your game today. PICTURES!

Emily said...

Hope the work issues get resolved! No fun at all.

Sounds like you had a great workout today and some great workout fuel (love grilled PB & J)!

Hope you had fun seeing the boy! :-)

Anonymous said...

Try not to worry too much about the work situation, its one of those things that will just work out...although its so annoying that the place you love to work doesnt earn you much money!

Im always a bit sceptical of those packaged meals, that one look pretty alright though.

Hope you have an awesome time at the baseball! x

Anonymous said...

Ack, the work problem sounds really tough. I hope you find a solution, it's not fun having something like that stuck on your mind. I like following the 'colours rule' too :) apart from getting lots of vitamins in it makes dinner look a lot nicer, hehe.

Erica said...

Ugh- what a dilemma with the jobs! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that you can keep both and that the scheduling thing just works itself out! Thanks for your review of the Healthy choice meal! Your pre workout eats look pretty incredible! Who doesn't love warm melty PB???