Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wed-Nezzz-Day

Good Morning Loves! FINALLY its Wednesday right?! Does anyone else feel like this week has gone by ULTRA slow?! When I was little (as in last year) I could never remember how to spell Wednesday, so now everytime I write it I say to myself "wed" "nezz" "day", because that's how its spelled! haha. Hey, whatever works right? It the same with the word "beautiful"...that's a hard one too.

Anyway, no news yet on the job thing. But, I'm thinking its still too early. Most of the schools said they would call within a couple of weeks, and my Aunt said that sometimes she doesn't get calls until a couple of weeks before schools starts. But I am still hot on the job trial. I have been putting in applications ALL OVER!

More exciting news...I have a beach trip planned! OH YES! We are going to Charleston (my favorite place ever) from May 31st until June 6th. Only 39 more days...let the countdown begin!

Yesterday I got in a really good run. I decided to just start running and let my body tell me how far it wanted to go, I ended up doing 6 miles so I was happy with that.

Can I just tell you guys how much running has really helped me with my food issues?! It has been so good for me, because I am looking at food in a whole other way. During my ED I would look at food as something to be "scared" of or something that would make me gain weight...etc, etc. But now I look at food as something that fuels me for runs and makes my body stronger. I look at it as something that is working with me to make me a better running, not working against me. This is totally a new revelation and a HUGE step in my recovery. I have been so happy with what running as done for me. Because I want to be a better runner, I want my body to be stronger.

Still on the subject of running...how awesome is it that my roommate's new boyfriend is a rep for athletes, especially runners...and he just so happens to be a rep for Ryan Hall, the 3rd place finishers of the Boston Marathon! Maybe I could meet him! haha.

Speaking of food...I used the last of my Flat-Out Wraps yesterday! Time for a Wal-Mart trip today, I suppose.

002

This HAS to be my favorite lunch:

  • Italian Herb Flat-Out
  • Spicy Mustard
  • Turkey
  • Spinach
  • Tomato
  • Salsa
  • Side of Soy Crisps

I had dinner over at the parents house last night because it had been a while since I visited. My mom made crab cakes and salad. Why is food always so much better when your mom makes it?!

This morning I fixed up the usual fruity oats.

002

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
  • Chopped Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • 1/2 Banana
  • Cinnamon

Today plans are either running or cross training or maybe yoga...I haven't quite decided yet. But it looks like it may be a pretty day, so I will probably have to take advantage of that. Thankfully there are only a few days left of this rainy month. Then of course tonight is pool night.

Hope everyone is having a great Mid-week! Lots of Love

<3 Ems.

26 comments:

itsawrap said...

Don't worry, someone will call with a fabulous teaching job for you and yah on the trip! Something to look forward to!

Anonymous said...

If all else fails, I'll pay you to come teach me how you make your wraps look so damn good.

PS. YOUR HAIR IS FANTASTIC!

Sending good vibes your way!

Amy said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you too. I'm sure you will get a job! At least you are keeping a positive attitude and still applying to other places.

Anna said...

I totally do the same thing with spelling Wednesday, too. I've been writing that word for years and I still can't get it right. I also have a bad habit of singing the alphabet song when I'm looking in a dictionary or at a library shelf. I feel like I'm 6 years old but I really think it helps!

That beach trip sounds fun. I can't wait for the sun to stay around for a while!

Jaime said...

delicious eats!! and great run! so glad running is helping you! its really amazing! good luck with the job love!!! xoxo

Mica said...

I will be SUPER jealous if you get to meet Ryan Hall! What a sweet connection!

Best of luck with the job hunt. Fingers are crossed.

And I *just* found FlatOut wraps at the grocery store. I'll have to buy some for next week.

Anonymous said...

Your Charleston trip sounds amazing! I went once when I was little and we stayed in a fancy hotel and it was so much fun. I want to go back!

I totally agree with you about working out and food.

Meg said...

I'm so glad you look at running like that - it's amazing how we look at food differently after we realize certain benefits it provides us with, and fuel for running is definitely a great exampe of this. I'm positive that you'll hear back about jobs very soon, and I'm so sure that all of the people that met you think you are absolutely amazing and will be EAGER to looking into giving you a job! Amen for having such a great attitude towards the outcome as well. You're awesome!

Hooray for the beach trip! This month will fly by, even though this week is slow (I agree), and you'll be soaking up the sun in no time!

Have a great day, and enjoy those wraps - love em'!

Love, Meg!

Anonymous said...

im with ya on the running/food relationship. it's so much of a BETTER feeling having fuel in me to run or do yoga or even just go for a walk around the block! i hope your day turns out beautiful no matter what training you do!
and you're patience will pay off boo with the job you're seeking out no worries mon!

and i STILL sound wednesday ( i just did it now ha!) out...along with february and beautiful!!
happy earth day :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the running thing - just over two years ago I was running regularly, eating healthily, maintaining a really good weight for my body and had never felt better about myself. I can't wait to get back to it. I still have my fingers and toes crossed for you getting a call from one of these jobs!!

kridtisummer said...

glad you had a great run. 6 miles is awesome.

Bec said...

Beach trip sounds like a blast! I totaly appriciate food more and look at it a different way when I am training, its fuel and important to make my body go!

Stef (More to Life Than Lettuce) said...

LOL "wed, nezz, day" is exactly how my 3rd grade teacher taught us to remember the spelling! It's a tricky one! I'm excited for your job hunt, I know you'll find a great one! That's awesome about how running has made you see food in a different, healthier light! I'm a huge believer of exercise as a therapeutic way to keep our minds and bodies healthy! How cool about your roomie's bf! My aunt's sister-in-law finished 3rd in her age group at the Boston Marathon on monday too =)

Hope the rest of your day goes well!

Anonymous said...

I really hope you get a job! And, I am jealous about your upcoming beach trip! Haha, lovely eats!!! That's so cool about your roommates bf!

<3 jess :)
xxx

Erica said...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so you are coming near my house! We should do coffee or something!!! I concur- my moms spaghetti is always way better than mine!

Emily said...

haha, I say wed-nezz-day, too. :-)

Hope that you hear from some potential jobs really soon!

I'm glad running has been such a great outlet for you! And I'm jealous that you could possibly meet Ryan Hall?!!

Anonymous said...

What a great feeling towards food. I am keeping all fingers and toes crossed for your job hunt!
Yay for a beach trip!
Food should not be the enemy!
When I see Italian Flat Outs, I think of you!
Any boy news? How are the jons?

Nutritious is Delicious said...

It has been andD ULTRA SLOW week!

I wish I was headed to the beach! Too fun!! :D

Fingers crossed that you find the perfect job ASAP!!

Eat, Live, Love said...

yes yes yes! food is fuel:) Glad the running has been so good for you not just physically but mentally too!

Kristi (sweet cheeks) said...

I totally say "wednesday" the same way you do when I write it out..hehe. I guess its just a habbit now.

Glad you got in a good run today. 6 miles is awesome! I definitely agree with you about running and food. Plus running just has so many additional benefits!

Amy said...

You could definitely handle the hot yoga! It makes it easier than "regular" yoga, I swear!

ellie said...

good luck with the job hunt!

I don't run, but starting to dance changed the way I looked at food too- became much more about what would make my body the strongest/healthiest it could be, rather than what size it could be. Helped a lot :)

Anonymous said...

beach trips are the best.. lucky girl!!

food is WAY better when my mom makes it :)

hope you here about some jobs soon!

Taylor said...

I'm so jealous your going to Charleston! That is my fav. place!!!! It's beautiful there- haha, I spelled that one right!
You will get a call for a teaching job soon I bet!!

Baylee♥ said...

i know youll get a job babe! who WOULDNT hire such a fun cute girl like you! If I were a little kid, I would LOVE to have you as my teacher :)

im so glad you're enjoying the running babe! it really is such an invigorating thing to just keep pushing and knowing that the food is fueling you to keep on going.

Anonymous said...

You are the SWEETEST girl Ever!!! Yes i agree that food tastes better when your mommy makes it!! :)

Thank you for sharing the thoughts on running and ED. You're so real and authentic and yes, it's so much more liberating when you think of food as fuel, no as something you should be afraid of.

I really love the looks of all your eats today Em!! YUM to everything, especially breakfast!!

P.s. Just a heads up, if you like salsa I'm doin' a giveaway with 3 possible winners! <3