Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Extra! Extra!

Ok a couple of topics to be addressed in this post! I feel like I have gotten so behind and been such a tease with all of my posts! So this is like a full newspaper-esque report on what has been up!

First things first: Mommy tries POM Wonderful:

As you know, I have been sharing some of my healthy food with my mother to get her back into healthier eating. I have recently got into oats for breakfast, flat out wraps, and now POM Wonderful. She refused to let me take her picture, BOO! But here is her review anyway. Like I had said before I am a pretty big fan of cranberry juice, and my mom is too. She also compared it that but said that it had a more "tart" flavor. She said that she liked it a lot and wanted to try some of the recipes that I showed her on the website. She was most interested in trying the POM Jelly because she has been talking about wanting to make her own jelly. I gave her about half of my supply, and she loves trying new recipes...so i cant wait to see what she come up with. And I'll def. keep you guys posted!

Second: LUNCH!

001

Im calling this my Gourmet PB and J. Just because, its awesome. It includes:

  • 2 Slices of Wheat Bread
  • 2 Tbsp. Naturally More Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 Banana
  • Raisins
  • Strawberry Jelly
  • Real Strawberries chopped up.

OH YUM! This hit the spot! And I swear that peanut butter and banana are the perfect combo to fuel up for a run, because I KILLED it today...which brings me to my next topic...

Today's Run: 7.5 miles!! woo hoo! I was super bummed today because when I woke up it was rainy and crappy outside. I had pretty much settled on the fact that I was just gonna have to go to the gym. But after i had my lunch the sun had decided to show its beautiful face...and I knew I just HAD to go run on my trial. One thing that I love about running is how everyone seems to be best friends that runs on the same trial. Whether you know the person or not, its almost like there is some sort of connection with them and people always smile or wave or say something as you run by. Today I had the hugest smile on my face because everyone I ran by was so friendly! I decided to just run until I got tired and I ended up going 7 and half miles. I was happy with this...my legs are not. I guess I can look forward to being sore tomorrow!

Next Topic: The Boy: I had mentioned something about this in an earlier post and a couple of you had asked me about it. One of the reasons that I didn't really go into details is because its a SUPER long story. But I'll sum it up. Things did not work out with Mike. I didn't say anything about it on here, because I just didn't wanna really get into it, but its been over for a couple of months. Anyway, two weekends ago an old friend that I have known for a couple of years just popped back into my life (funny how things like that happen huh?) His name is Lucas and he pretty much told me that he had liked me years, but didn't say anything because of Mike. We are taking things slow, so I'm not going to get too worked up about until I see how things go. He plays baseball for a college that is about 2 hours away, so I have not seen him since that weekend. He is coming home tomorrow and I have a date with him tomorrow night AND Friday night. We'll see how it goes. :)

I feel like there was more I needed to share...was there?!

Well, tonight is Wednesday and you know what that means...POOL NIGHT! So I'm off to get ready, eat dinner, and then go KILL some boys in pool...cause thats how I do.

Hope everyone is having a great night! Lots of Love <3 Ems.

16 comments:

Baylee♥ said...

I love when i run by people and waving or smiling at eachother :) its like a nice connection :) thats very exciting to hear about the new . . And kinda old :) . . Boy :) just take it slow and be sure to kiss and tell :)

RunningLaur said...

You're so cute! Fantastic job on the 7.5 miles, you're really getting the hang of this running thing :)

Anonymous said...

Finally, info about this boy! Sounds GREAT! Have a great date, well DATES!!!
Your PB and banana sandwich sounds great! Sounds like great fuel for a great run!
Have a great evening!!! I am terrible at pool, but it's still fun.

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum Yum sandwich!

Aww, have a wondeful date!

Sarah said...

Awesome job on the run. Glad the sun shined on you today ;)

Bec said...

that sandwich looks so good, have fun on your date girly!

Anonymous said...

Hey cutie! I love how much positivity and energy radiates from your posts. :) You're such a sweet girl and your blog is so fun to read. You're definitely inspiring me to try that PB&J sandwich, thought it's definitely more sophisticated than just PB&J. The nut scares are freaking me out a little though...

I REALLY love that you're such a giving person! SO kind of you to share your stashes with you momma and convering her into health food lover! :) I love it when my mom tries my food and likes it too. heehee

You totally killed the run Em!!!! :) Dang, you have so much to be proud of!!! Hope your week is going awesome!

Emily said...

Great job on your run today...you are awesome, Em!

I love your gourmet PB&J, too! I'm glad your mom liked POM. I haven't tried it yet, but I really want to!

Hope you have a fun date! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful run.. 7.5 miles?! That's awesome!!

Delicious looking gourmet pb&j !!

I hope things work out with you and Lucas :)

Anonymous said...

That was a pomtastic post! I'm cheese ball I know, but I don't really care! Looks fab!
Woo hoo for your run is right! very impressive:)!!

Anonymous said...

look at you little miss runner. killed it!

Mica said...

Great job on the run, congratulations! Doesn't it feel good to hit new mileage, even if you're a little sore the next day?

Oooh...date! Hope it's a great one!

Stef (More to Life Than Lettuce) said...

I love when everyone is friendly on the trail too! You feel like the most popular person in the world...oh, hey friend! Haha. AWesome that you're mom liked the POM! That sandwich sounds amazing too. I'm NOT sorry that things didn't work out with Mike, because it just wasn't meant to be! Now you have opportunities to find someone who makes you truly happy, which is what you deserve!

Anonymous said...

Aw, my last boyfriend was a long term friend first - it's lovely when that happens! Good luck :) and well done on the 7.5 miles, that's brilliant!

Anonymous said...

congrats on that awesome run! that seriously is amazing!

have fun on your date!

Nutritious is Delicious said...

lol! I love your posts! I hope you beat some bootay in pool! ;)

Enjoy your date(s) girl!

oh and GOOD JOB on the running!